1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a puff

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fexxel, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Smirnoff

Smirnoff Level IV

quite frankly some topics are too stupid to even comment on.

Should smoking cigarettes be illegal? perhaps if you had yourself provided a half assed argument for it I'd go to the trouble of writing my own.

2. Arkley

Arkley Level III

To anyone seriously suggesting cigarettes and other tobacco products be made illegal, I would like you to take a look at the success (or rather, the resounding lack of success) in very short part of the USA's history most commonly known as the "prohibition period".

3. lolcow

lolcow Level III

Look at the tax on cigarettes. Do yo really want to deprive the government of a source of revenue?

4. shadowsolitude

shadowsolitude Level I

I smoke so i don't think it should be illegal, but i wish it didnt cost so much D:

5. x1hokage

x1hokage Level I

yes they should be illegal they smell bad and they would probably taste bad(never tried never will) and they are bad for ppl most ppl that smoke will develop lung cancer more then 80% on smokers get lung cancer

6. supracharger

supracharger Level II

ya, smoking should be illegal. its not socially acceptable anymore. you seem
    more and more people cutting down on this nasty habit.

7. helloomisslady

I don't think it should be illegal. It's your choice if you want to do it.

8. greightone

greightone Level II

Why not just ban all addictive substances like soda? Tobacco taxes account for a lot of state funding and if the same was to be done for marijuana...

9. cozetta

cozetta Level I

DEFINITELY SHOULD BE OUT-LAWED
    Not only is it harmful to you but those around you who aren't trying to kill themselves by smoking!
    Yeah, it's a "stress release" and the "cool thing to do" for some people, but honestly, just go take a bath or something if your stressed and if you think giving yourself and others cancer is "cool", go see a psychiatrist. Please.

10. greightone

greightone Level II

Many places have outlawed smoking in public places. Including my home town of Houston. That is as far as it should go. What we do in the privacy of our own homes should not be restricted. And for those who think smokers are just walking death machines spewing cancer to all those who come within our vicinity, what about alcohol? In the grand scheme of things alcohol related deaths are a lot more numerous and frequent then second-hand smoking deaths. And I've never smoking a bunch of cigarettes and punched my friend.

Now a parent smoking around their kids... that is problematic. But so are most things parents do. It inevitably becomes a judgement on the parents part.

11. juvenile

juvenile Level II

Yeah, it should be illegal.
    Not only is it damaging to your health, but it's hurting the people around you aswell !
    What's positive about cigarettes? I just don't see the point in smoking at all, really. :/

12. greightone

greightone Level II

What's the point of eating candy? Personal choice!

13. cooldude1234

cooldude1234 Level I

I don't think smoking should be illegal. People think that illegal things deter people, however it's just the opposite. Doing something illegal makes it sound cool and people (although they might not know it) like to take risks. They like danger.