1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Zapno, Nov 17, 2006.

?

Are humans taking technology too far?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldrush

goldrush Level II

the only problem with taking it to the edge is sometimes you fall off. if you do not take care of the things you need you will find that the things you need are no longer there for you

2. Angel

Angel Level III

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology ... chips.html
    Brain Cells Fused with Computer Chip
    Sounds odd to me...

3. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

the more we learn or make the more it will be to learn.. so one day wouldn't there be so much to learn that we just couldnt learn it all in one lifetime? hmmm :?

4. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Sounds interesting to me. Seems like this is a small step towards actualy developing brains, and in doing so accelerating the possibility of actualy being able to create humans. Even though they try to act as if this would only be used as medical research I doubt that.

5. goldrush

goldrush Level II

Science has been promising everything ever since the first person called himself a scientist. I'm more of the opinion I'll believe it when I see it now

6. inqwire

inqwire Level IV

i agree that there is only so much someone can do in a lifetime

7. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Theoreticaly a person could develope a way to target, and fix whatever gene is causing aging. It probably wont take that long considering the number of scientists in the world.

8. hitman9889

hitman9889 Level II

uh huh...because that wouldn't cause overpopulation in a very short matter of time...

9. Zapno

Zapno Level II

It could cause overpopulation, but then again we are already overpopulated. You must not think that everyone would use this anyway. You must consider the desire humans have to survive. If need be people might restrict the amount of children people would be able to have, and it is not as if this would elliminate death completely. How many people have you known which have died of old age? Cancer, impact, disease these things are just a few which have the possibility of ending a humans life. This only gives man the possibility of extending their life a very long time. If someone were to avoid danger it is entirely possible that through time medical equipment, and other methods could limit the amount of people in the world, yet expand upon already existing life. There is also the possibility that in the future we may colonize other planets, and perhaps the moon. (this is actualy probable)

10. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

we defineatly are, because of human advancment thousand and thousands of species of animals and plants r now extinct, humans lived perfectly fine thousands of years ago with no technology so it has gone 2 far.

11. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

technology is the reason for obesity, war, and the soon to be downfall of humans. just think, you will soon be able to CLONE YOUR BABY

12. goldrush

goldrush Level II

yeah, your far, war-mongering baby :lol:

13. coolchimpy

coolchimpy Newbie

Definatly. It's cool, but scary... :?

14. astrospride

astrospride Level III

Well tech brings along both good and bad. Good because it's prolonging the lives of man and improving health. Bad because it can be used for bad things such as killing, stealing, etc. All in all, it's how technology is being used, not the technology itself.

15. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

Hi

I am fine until our computers can think and become self aware then I will be against technology

16. sprinkles

sprinkles Newbie

I think I'll be satisfied with technology when I can become invisibly/fly whenever I feel inspired to.

17. Zapno

Zapno Level II

And how exactly would that help you? Mabey you will feel more "dominant", but we don't need to fly we have airplanes.

18. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Most people on this topic mention the main things about the automobile polluting the air and the global warming.

But one has yet to think about all the further technology that can preserve our wildlife and natural nature places (lol).

It is true that the advancement of out automobiles were destroying our air but the later advancements are now trying to prevent it. IE the hybrid or solar powered cars.

To help with the wildlife, new medicine could be made to help extend the life span and could help with breeding. New supplements could be added to their food to increase health.

The whole robot issue, yes people could get lazy, but it provides the labor for all the dirty work and provide people with better jobs. You might say some people arent able to get jobs cause there not smart enough due to educational reasons. However if someone really needs somethin, there going to have to work for it. So the whole "being lazy" thing is kinda absurd in my opinion.

Phew, i don't think i wanna rant anymore. I'm tired :p

19. xpower

xpower Level I

I suggest tech should go further. Soon enough, we will have super cars that dont polute the environment.

20. fz

fz Level I

Technology might not have gone too far currently but it may go further in the future. In terms of wars using nuclear bombs and such, it can be devastating but the ones who hold the masses of these weapons are world governments. World leaders will not use them any old how. Even if they receive threats from enemies, decisions have to be made painstakingly. Without the use of that particular technology, it cannot go far.

Apart from WOMDs, i feel that Japan is one country which is really technology-driven. Their vending machines are so cool that you couldn't possibly imagine it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.