1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Death Penalty

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Oct 23, 2007.

?

Do you agree with the death penalty?

1. Yes, I do.

40 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. No, I don't.

38 vote(s)
    41.3%
  3. I'm undecided.

14 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. boogerwaiter

boogerwaiter Level I

Kill them only if they killed someone else

2. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I think this too. I think that the only time we should use the death penalty is when someone kills someone else on purpose. I mean, they deprived someone of their life, so why should they have theirs? I know the whole "an eye for an eye will turn the would blind" thing, but it's not like people are murdering other people left and right.

3. weldn

weldn Level II

im not so sure about yes or no on this issue
    because anyone could been inframed into a terribly big trouble,
    which is caused by other criminals.
    If we decide anything without careful judgment,
    innocent live can be sacrified for nothing at all.

4. krilas

krilas Level II

Depending on the severity of the crime I suppose. The government should be given the rights to impose the death penalty, but only after it has been clearly stated in black and white. People choosing to commit a crime should already be aware of the consequences, obviously in this case only the more severe crimes would deserve the death penalty. Replacing the death penalty with life sentence or say 25 years might be a waste of resource, furthermore if there was corruption or a prison break then the culprit would just become free to do his wrongdoings once again.

5. into_the_night

into_the_night Level I

I think if you took a life, you should get your life taken from you. basically,, da death panalty is perfectly useable if you took a life!

6. HeyHey

HeyHey Newbie

In terms of making someone pay for what they did, the death penalty is pointless because it is just an easy way out. Honestly, if I committed a murder, I would want the death penalty. I think dying would be a lot better than lying around in some cell in a federal prison, at the mercy of other felons. A first degree murderer should not be let off that easy, if the idea is to punish them for their deed. True, it takes up tax payers money, but the death penalty keeps the criminal from having remorse for his or her crime.
    Still, I still feel extreme criminals that were behind mass murders or terrorist attacks that could possibly escape and wreak havoc again are good candidates for the penalty. It is not worth the risk to keep them alive if they could get away and do it again.

7. Sita Moon

Sita Moon Level I

It depends on your crime,
    but usually I'm against it.
    Murder is murder.

Also, another than that urks me.
    Why do they sterlize the needle if they are going to kill you anyways?