1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"THE NEW LOST WORLD" Papua New Guinea Volcano

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pandahorde, Sep 10, 2009.

1. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

A volcanic crater in Papua New Guinea revealed never before seen species of rats, frogs, fish and other tiny bear-like creatures.

A team of local researchers together with scientists from the United States and United Kingdom were amazed upon seeing 40 previously unidentified species inside the remote volcanic crater of Mount Bosavi.
    During their amazing five-week exploration. They discovered "16 frogs which have never before been recorded by science, at least three new fish, a new bat and a giant rat, which may turn out to be the biggest in the world." The UK Guardian reports.
    Along with the research team are members of the BBC Natural History Unit which documented the discovery. According to the Guardian, the biologist also discovered a fanged frog, a camouflaged gecko and a strange fish that makes grunting noises from its bladder.

GOsh.. this is so cool... anyone has a comment about this?

this news is so brilliant..
    Papua New Guinea Has some Stuff.

for more info just google papua new guinea lost world

2. jaxmyne

jaxmyne Level I

I know! That's so friggin' cool. XD They found frogs with fangs and a rat the size of a well fed house cat!

3. Carletto

Carletto Level II

Any image? :)

4. Mr Awesome

Mr Awesome Level IV

Somebody should throw those scientists in the volcano and see if they look the same afterwards :p

5. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

There is also a grunting fish that thing would be so cool in an aquarium, a cat sized rat is slightly less suited to my tastes..