1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next movie of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wings, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jane

Jane Level IV

Looking forward to the last movie of Harry Potter, I hope they don't screw it up, considering that it's the most important.

And I'm glad they split it up into two parts, impossible to fit into one movie. :]

2. cozetta

cozetta Level I

My only concern is that they left a lot out in the earlier movies that ties into the later books; this means that they will probably leave out key things from the later movies because it won't make sense to add it in when it needed to be present earlier to make sense.
    You know?

3. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh, my sister and I are going to watch it today...I don't really have any high hopes for anything o_O (neither did I have the idea)

I heard a lot of "it misses a lot of stuff from the book" type things. Well, the books are too long for movies anyways :p

4. Megs

Megs Level III

*sigh* Don't you think there's enough movies already?

Yeah, apparently it's 2-disc.

But Still.

YUCK.

Harry Potter sucks :) Sorry everyone.

5. deathblck

deathblck Level I

i heard online that is too complex to put in one movie so they are puting it into to so yes

6. novastar

novastar Level I

I'm probably one of the few people who never read a single Potter book, but followed every single series. Watching it tomorrow, can't wait!

7. salineth

salineth Newbie

I heard about the last movie being 2 parts. that kinda stinks cuz its gonna take them probably a year to get the second part out. Movies come out sooooooo slowly.

8. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Saw it over the weekend, wasn't sure if it was really Harry Potter. I mean, yeah, it was interesting, but it was totally different from the book. And, in my opinion it was nasty :(

My sister said it was okay though...we differ in A LOT of opinions :p

9. salineth

salineth Newbie

Yeah it wasnt as good at the book an left out a lot but if you just follow the movies it was really good. better than most of them.

10. CrC

CrC Level II

I dislike and I don't see how it is better to split it into 2 different sections. I will still watch it though.

11. piggybepink

piggybepink Level II

Way too much happened in the 7th book for it to be in one movie. Death toll rises like anything. xD;

They (the actors) are all so /old/ now. It was perfect for the first years then--I forget why--filming paused for a year or something and they just...grew.

12. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, but in the 6th movie, it was obvious the director was thinking about the 7th book. It was like the 6th book had a little 7th in it. Ron and Hermione were never like that, etc. Bleh, terrible interpretation...

13. CrC

CrC Level II

It seems that they are in it just to get more money at this point... It was good up till about the 3rd 4th one where they had that tournament thing... I don't know a lot about the series, but that seemed like a turning point.

14. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I thought the 3rd was the last one that was ok. The first and second, in my opinion were the best...3rd (was ok) and 4th increasingly getting worse :p

15. btr3s

btr3s Level II

I just watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night.
    I loved it but hated the ending. :(

Book 7 will be made into 2 movies (2 parts) coming out on 2010 and 2011.
    I can't wait to watch 'em.

16. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

AHHH, Im so excited for the movies. It's kinda lame that there will be such a long time in between the movies. I just hope they stay true to the books. (I also feel the 2 movies thing is a ploy for more money)

17. btr3s

btr3s Level II

Or maybe book 7 was so long they really needed to divide it into two movies?

18. piggybepink

piggybepink Level II

I'm actually not that sure about what's in the 6th and 7th book. The last book I read was when the day the 7th book was released which was a year ago, or something. I tried reading the 6th book again, but ended up being swamped with work. :/

That's definitely a POV of a person who has read the book. People who didn't thought 4th was the best because of action, CG, romance, etc.

I agree with you, tough. xD

19. cozetta

cozetta Level I

I really hope it's two disks. Even though it'll cost more and create more waste and by-products thus harming our environment, it'll be worth it.
    You just can't fit all that wizardy goodness into one disk :p

20. Attempt

Attempt Level II

i /agree it seems they are dont even go into detail about his years in the school that make you feel like your really there and that it was a complete school year, the movies seem like they rushed it and its hard to really follow what time of year it is. And the Drama in the movies is kinda corny .

Best Part about #5

Emily Watson Cleavage at the Dance.

Yeah, i said it.