1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Tip/Trick] Solving the Water Plant (Altador Plot)

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Anfan, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Basically, in the Water Plant of the Altador Plot, there are 8 levers. Each lever also has a unique URL for changing its position. The URLs are as follows:

Lever 1
    Lever 2
    Lever 3
    Lever 4
    Lever 5
    Lever 6
    Lever 7
    Lever 8

So theoretically, you could just refresh each url instead of actually clicking to get to each room, then clicking again to change the lever's position.

Now, what if you could automatically refresh ALL the URLs until they happened upon the correct combination? :maha:

Here's where the illegit part comes in. On Firefox, download the ReloadEvery add-on, open each url in a new tab, and then Enable ReloadEvery on each page. Of course, it's absolutely no use to you if they're all refreshing in synchronization, but ReloadEvery has a nice little Custom feature built-in. On one page, custom set it to refresh every 1 second. The next page, 2 seconds. The next, 3. Then 4. Then 5 (which is a built-in function). Then 6, 7, and finally 8.

The times I've done this so far, the Water Plant's been solved in >30 seconds. My guess is you won't ever have to wait much longer than that.

And as far as freeze rate goes, well, you ARE using an auto-refresher, which of course is against the rules, but you won't be running it for more than a minute, tops. At least imo, it's worth saving the 1-2 hours of clicking around. :yup:

Tofurky, BlazinDivah, Junior and 2 others like this.
  2. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

256 possible lever permutations
    On average you'll need to try ~177 random permutations to get the correct solution.
    You have 8 levers being flipped each second, so that's 8 random-ish permutations per second.
    So on average, you'll only need ~21 seconds for this to complete.

Add a few seconds in because of the non-randomness of the refreshing, but wow that's pretty dam fast. +rep
    I'm gonna sticky this one.

3. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

and this is how you get 40 minute a-plot solves
    as long as you don't screw up valeous

and to add to the freeze rate, i have never ever been frozen for doing this

4. linkin45

linkin45 Level I

This definitely works great, and the freeze rate should be very low because TNT has other things to worry about (ab'ing, ss'ing)
    But what I used to solve the plant was this:
    http://www.neoacademy.info/Altador_Water_Plant_Helper

I think it uses a different method to solve it, something similar to Image Clicks. Any idea if this is legit or not?

5. masteraty

masteraty Newbie

great help for me =) thx

6. iggypop

iggypop Level I

how are you able to tell when you have solved the plot?
    also you say "and finally 7" but there are 8 level pages...should i not refresh the first one or the last one?
    is it even still working??

7. statter

statter Level II

how are you able to tell when you have solved the plot?
    also you say "and finally 7" but there are 8 level pages...should i not refresh the first one or the last one?
    is it even still working??

It will say: One of the engineers stops you before you can do anything. "Look, now that the plant's working properly, please don't change anything, okay?"

8. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

o_O Isn't that self-explanatory? *points at bolded section*

There are 8 level pages, yes refresh at all of them. That was probably just b/c I was tired of saying "refresh here, and here, and here, and here, etc."

Yes this "still" works; how could it not? You're simply refreshing to automatically maneuver around the levers instead of manually clicking them. (Unless TNT were to change the Water Plant to JavaScript or something, which I rather doubt considering this has been an "open" plot with no modifications for so long now.)

9. iggypop

iggypop Level I

sorrysorry. i get it now. i missed a step before the water plant stuff so i got all confused.
    sorry for being all dumb and stuff. ^_^

10. loli

loli Newbie

wow i have been doing all the combinations so maybe i spent long hours and no luck ill try this then thanks

11. micenth

micenth Level I

Finally!
    Thanks, I was giving up of trying the right combination.

12. Moolapoo

Moolapoo Newbie

I solved it in 5 seconds.
    THank you so much^^ :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.