1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To marry or not to marry?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by astrospride, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

Love is greater than friendship I will always say from now on. I definitely want to be in love for the rest of my life than be lonely, play video games, or just hang out with friends.

2. mash

mash Level II

i think that its sad really, like i'd love to get married, but for most its jus a secure financial arrangement. also a lot of people consider it to be a financial burden and pointless cuz wots the point on splashin out cash just to say i love you when the money can be spent in bettr ways. i know that my mum and dad got married so that they could stabilize themselves financially...oh and with the new laws that give co-habituating couples equal rights to married couples i think that most people will just now pass on marriage

Oops, very sorry for gravedigging, didnt mean it!

3. Avandia

Avandia Level III

It's a scientific fact that humans were originally programed to be polyamorous, it is social reform that has re-programmed people into believing that we are "supposed" to be monogamous. I'm not against monogamy, however, I don't believe that there is one person who you are meant to be with forever and ever. People grow and change as time passes.

4. Sorandra

Sorandra Level III

Meh. Marriage isn't for everyone. Some people value their privacy and personal space. A LOT.

5. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

I'd hate to share my space with someone all the time. Marriage seems like it'd be more of an annoyance than anything else.

6. chelsea1

chelsea1 Level IV

i think marridge should and is a personnal thing although it definetly benefits you tax wise
    having kids, i agree, is a totally different matter altogether and deserves it's own topic entirely

7. TaupeMope

TaupeMope Newbie

Marriage is definitely a personal choice that many people feel different about. If I am lucky enough to meet someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with, then I'll consider it. There's also the tax benefits and all that nice stuff that goes along with it. What really makes me sad is that the majority of the U.S. government is not letting gays get married. I mean they are allowed the right, due to the constitution (the whole pursuit of happiness thing).

8. baldudexx

baldudexx Level III

Yeah, they do it in the UK now, btw - have you seen the film, lol. the pursuit of happiness.

ON TOPIC == Im all for marriage, if a person feels happy then why not ?

9. Gil

Gil Level II

I think whether marriage is good or not is a personal choice, i also think that choice should be open to everyone, no matter colour, creed or sexuality. Since marriage now carries federal and tax benefits, religion needs to be taken out of it , or an equal state alternative offered.

Personally, i dont want to get married at the moment , thats because im young and commitment is the most terrifying word i know :p.

10. h4x0r

h4x0r Level II

Not everybody is suitable to be a married type person. Some people just can't handle the long committment involved, they have to be with different people quite often to meet their needs. I'm a happily married man, married to a wonderful wife. It's all good stuff.

11. Jarheadman

Jarheadman Newbie

Some people are hapy married others are not. It seriously depends on what you want

12. TaupeMope

TaupeMope Newbie

Yea I'm glad other countries can have some common sense. Can't wait to see America wake-up (oh and I have seen the movie and it's really sad :()

13. xathanite

xathanite Level I

Not everyone is suited for marriage. It all depends on the person. Like, me- I would probably get bored with being with the same person everyday. The flame would die, and I would probably be at risk for cheating. Then again- that's just me. :roll:

14. baldudexx

baldudexx Level III

probs, that is why you guys need Bush to step-down (I think) or change his policies.

15. marlene

marlene Moderator
    Staff Member

Just remember the way it goes....

1st time is for love
    2nd is for money

and the 3rd time is for companionship.

I've already been married once... so been there... done that... and bought the tshirt.

Marriage is a wonderful idea between two loving and caring people. If I were to say what's the secret, it would to find someone that you can grow with as that's what life is all about. Growing

You'll either grow together or grow apart.

Too bad it doesn't come with a manual

16. matasakeki

matasakeki Level I

I don't know yet. I kinda do want to have a family, but I'm worried about certain traits of mine being passed down into my kids. This is from one of my friends: "Babies are both gifts and curses (diapers)."

17. xelisa

xelisa Newbie

Relationships get more slack with marriage. Being in a relationship without marriage has a bit more freedom. I'd got for being in a relationship without marriage

18. Summertime_Blues

Summertime_Blues Level III

I don't really believe in marriage. All you get is a piece of paper and a tax write off. I can stay together with someone without it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.