Trailer for the NEW Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Heatherr, Jul 31, 2008.

1. 689593

689593 Level II

I havent seen the movie yet. I want too.

2. Draikette

Draikette Level II

Even though the fifth movie/book was a 'joiner' I still thought it was pretty funny. It was actually more humorous than the other movies so far...

3. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

Tom Felton still has short hair, and therefore he still looks like a prat.
    If I'm going to romanticize a villain, I'm going to do it right. Gorgeous, pale, magical, sarcastic, vengeful, all quidditch-muscley...I just ignore everything that JKR says about him after the fourth book. It's kind of a mental *puts hands over ears and sings 'lalalalala, I can't hear youuuuuuuu!'* I don't write or particularly read fanfic, but if I'm editing one for a friend, it has to be a Dramione, because I am Hermione in pants. Only I'm stranger, I break far more rules and I cry much, much less.
    As well as this, they are all getting ridiculously old and suddenly wearing adorable clothes instead of robes and such.
    But the effects are usually ace.
    I didn't watch the fifth one and hardly watched the fourth one, but this one I may go see...maybe.
    I'd rather just re-read the books, so that I can rewrite the parts that I don't like in my head. Like Ron and Hermione. And that wretched, horrendous epilogue. Cor, it was sooooooo unsupportable, in my books.

4. Draikette

Draikette Level II

I'm surprised they were able to keep the series going, despite the losses of actors and directors...weird.

5. 689593

689593 Level II

Did it come out yet? I havent been keeping track of the time it does. Ill go watch the trailer though, im sure its fabulous.

6. Draikette

Draikette Level II

No, it didn't come out yet. I wonder when it will...

7. Liwi

Liwi Level II

Wow it looks great. Can't wait :tehe:

8. Draikette

Draikette Level II

neither can I...whooooo...
    *yays for enthusiasm in the middle of the night*

9. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I completely agree with you. Out of all the movies, the fifth one was definitely the worst. Not saying it was HORRID, just not as good as the other ones.

10. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

Oh, it was horrid. Did you see Draco's hair? Why must they make me suffer so...? *angst!*
    hahaha.
    I liked the second the best, as far as the movies go, though that was one of my least favorite books. The sixth book was fairly decent, so it's unlikely that I'll like the movie...Though I love both the third book and movie, so maybe me trying to chart this is ineffective.
    Anyway, I'm not so excited for the movie. Fantasy books just shouldn't be made into movies - they always turn out funny. And funny as in odd, not funny haha.
    I'll probably see it anyway, just DL it, though, rather than go anywhere for it. Sigh. <3 Internet <3 . What would I do without you?

11. rocketman2008

rocketman2008 Level II

Well the flaw with turning just about any books into movies is that a lot of stuff tends to get skipped or shrunken once it's put into the movie. Maybe it's just me but it felt to me like the movies paled in comparison with the books, like how in movie 4 they skipped over the quidditch world cup completely, among other things. The only book>>movie transition I've seen that really managed to pull it off was Lord of the Rings.