Training School Guide

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by chrisw2525, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

The main objective is to train you’re pet for the cheapest amount of neopoints. So to use the least amount of neopoints we have to train the neopet in intervals, so we use the course type and neopet level for our intervals. The following steps will be for a pet with basic stats.

You never want to go over the limit for levels, and you don’t want to risk accidentally going over it. Sometimes your pet goes up two or three levels per train so if your pet is at level 19 and it goes up two levels you’re out of luck and screwed up this guide.

Step #1: Train your pet’s level first. Train their level to around 17, you don’t want to risk going over 20 so I suggest stopping at 17.

Step #2: Train your entire pet’s other stats to the most they can go before you have to up the level. If your pet is level 17, you should be able to train their strength, defence, etc. up to 34 points. When the stats are all double the level move on to the next step.

Step #3: Train your pet’s level to 37 or 38.

Step #4: Train your entire pet’s other stats to the most they can go before you have to up the level.

Let’s say I accidentally train my pet to level 41 without training their other stats then my pet automatically gets trained in the intermediate course type which makes me use 1 more codestone per course and 1 more hour per course. If I have to train my pet’s strength up to double the level that’s at least 40 courses to get there. This adds up over time, 1 more codestone per course then that’s 40 extra codestones and 40 extra hours.

40 x 4000 = 160,000nps
    40 x 8500 = 340,000nps

So by training your pet over the limit it costs you anywhere between 160,000nps and 340,000nps more then it would normally cost you. This is just for the strength, now image if you had to do this for the strength, defence, HP and speed. You can image how expensive this can get.

Don't forget to check out my autobuying guide, now updated!!

2. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice start. Remember to train 3x HP first though.

so at moment im levelling to 15 (lab ray may increase) and str/def to 30.
    Then ill do HP to 30. Then do Level to 19 *dont lab* and str/def to 38. Then train HP to 57. Then level to 30 then carry on everytime you get near a "boundary"

3. zippy

zippy Level IV

if you go to the count von roo he can decrease your level ... just a tip =)

4. Miradz

Miradz Level II

or you could ask nicely in the BD chat and ask someone with vonroo fangs to take some levels away from you ;)

5. Xiaoset

Xiaoset Level III

Good guide, +rep for this. I started training my pet, without knowing about the STR and HP stuffs, and got it to level 30 with like 15 HP 9STR 8DEF etc... :(

6. btboy5

btboy5 Level II

I don't train, but thanks anyway. Other ways of stat leveling are:

Coltzan's Shrine
    Scratchcards (Increase in LEVEL):
    Ice Caves Scratchcard Kiosk (cost: 600np)

For these ones, you can only buy one from the Kiosk once every 6 hours, but you can buy up to 5 from the Shop Wizard because the daily limit for scratchcards is 5. They may be slightly more expensive on the Shop Wizard. Only Scratchcards of value equal or higher than the Terror Trove Scratchcard have a chance of raising LEVELs.

Namely, the Terror Trove Scratchcard, Faeries Fortune Scratchcard, Peak O Plenty Scratchcard and of course, the Jackpot-winning Icetravaganza Scratchcard.

Deserted Fairground Scratchcard Kiosk

These cost 1200 each but can be bought once every 2 hours. Limit is 5 too, I think. Cards from the DF have symbols on them.
    The symbol for an increase in LEVEL is a spider. Only the Festering Fortune Scratchcard, Mutating Millions Scratchcard, Pustravaganza Scratchcard and the Rotting Riches Scratchcard have a chance of increasing your active pet's LEVEL.

Kitchen Quest

The Kitchen Quest is located on Mystery Island, given by a cook for Mumbo Pango. He requires foods, which range from Slushies to Gross Foods. Some of these foods are expensive, whereas some are not. His prizes range from NP (of least value most of the time) to stat and level increases (1 point always). He sometimes gives rare items which can or cannot be worth the quest, but most of the time they are. Hence, it may or may not be a wise decision to do these quests, as the prizes are random.

The Secret Laboratory Ray

The Lab Ray also has a chance to increase or decrease your pet's stats or level. There is a risk of this for stat trainers, because sometimes the Lab Ray zaps your pet back to level 1. But it can provide 1-3 stat increase, up to 4 hp increase, 1 level increase.

Count Von Roo

Only awake at 12am-1am NST, this Blumaroo in Roo Island can provide a LEVEL up or decrease in LEVEL when you gamble with him. You can only try once per day. On occasion, if you get a tie, he doubles the bet, meaning you can GAIN or LOSE 2 LEVELs.

Other ways of stat increase include:

Random events like Faerie Quests except for the Earth Faerie's Quest
    "Your Pet has grown stronger!" Random Events
    Eating certain Neggs
    Eating from a range of the retired Mystic Mushrooms
    Using a Mummified Scroll from Lost Desert Scrolls
    Using a Greater Earthen Potion from Brightvale Potions
    Using an Irritable Genie-In-a-Bottle from Fishing
    Using Kauvara's Marvellous Potion from Smuggler's Cove on Krawk Island which only works on Kaus
    Using Potions from Kayla's Potions' Shop in the Castle in Meridell, Eating Muntando Fruit
    Training at schools on Mystery Island or Krawk Island
    Free training exclusive to special Neopet Days such as free training at the Krawk Island Academy for Ixis on Ixi Day.

That's all I can think of for now. Any additions?

Recently got a screenshot of the "Your Pet has grown stronger!" Random event. This one is about a level up.

[​IMG]

7. dadababa

dadababa Level II

ty ty sooo much ive been lookin for somethin like this for awhile than alot man

8. Philantrothy

Philantrothy Level III

nice guide on this... was juz gonna need this! XD

9. blackoutzx

blackoutzx Level II

Nice guide, i once trained my pet all the way to past 20 and I had to pay more so I just started labbing

10. jdp1230

jdp1230 Level III

shoot i went past lvl 20...... on accident.... then i played dice a roo to lower it and it went back up.... what should i dooo........ .. . . i was thinking try my luck at lab map...

11. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

wow i never really new about the limit on strength, defence, hp, etc., i guess i only really focused on levels, but after reading this i can start really training a pet thx

+rep

12. osok69

osok69 Level II

nice guide..about how much would it cost to train a pet to be very good at 1p BD?

13. DavethXCore

DavethXCore Level I

Depends on how good you want to be :p a lot of it depends on the equipment not just the stats. Good guide, +Rep.

14. Akira

Akira Level I

I wanna make my Grundo as good as possible. I am gonna print out this guide for future reference.

15. LilAngel

LilAngel Level II

yeah i think i do this too :)

16. Tmac_9560

Tmac_9560 Level I

asd

Whats this i haer about your pet's day of the year where u get to train for free? I have an Eyrie, what day is Eyrie day on?

17. zergses

zergses Level II

your hp can not be higher than twice your level or it will not let you level up the other stats.

18. lucasehh

lucasehh Level II

That's why we use the labray..:D

19. bigash

bigash Newbie

Good guide showed me were i was goinng wrong :D

20. shabalu

shabalu Level I

i've aways made this way... i think it is kinda obvious... But nice post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.