1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Neopoints & Items

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by singapore, Mar 24, 2010.

1. singapore

singapore Level III

[ Please note you should only post GUIDES in this forum. If you did not create the entire guide yourself, you must give credit to anyone else involved. ]

This guide is based on my personal experience..have been transferring items & neopoints this way and i still hasn't have any accounts frozen due to this..but this way takes time, lots of time..

When i AB any items that are worth tons of NPs, i keep them for quite a number of weeks, maybe a month or so..for example when i AB a r99 stamp, i keep it for a month in my inventory, doing nothing with it.

For Items
    1st, I log in the acc with the item on Firefox, then my main on Chrome..
    2nd, I just create a trade with the r99 stamp+a couple of things that i AB from Igloo then i offer on the trade using my main almost immediately (i look for the trade by browsing the newest 20)..i'll then offer say 400k+++ (usually i just randomly press my numberpad :) meaning something like 482911)..
    3rd, I go back to my Firefox and accept the trade..

Been using this method ever since my main was frozen about a year ago when i just started ABing..so far so good..none has been frozen..for the transferring of neopoints, it is even simpler..for example if i really do sell my r99 stamp for 10M, i will keep the money on the side for a month or so then this is wat i would do

For Neopoints
    1st, same as above, I log in the acc with the item on Firefox, then my main on Chrome..
    2nd, i put a few different scratchcard in my main account's shop and i price it at 80k+ or 90k+ (same as above, i randomly press my numpad)..then i'll use my Firefox account (side acc) to go to my user lookup and buy the items from my main acc shop..(the sum don't usually add up to over 500k at any one time)
    3rd, i usually transfer the neopoints straight out of the till and delete the sales history..

it does seems like to me that neopets do not really see it as illegal when the transaction happens when both the accounts are online and active..

Hope this simple guide will be of help to u guys..

would be great if someone can gimme a feedback on this..remember, the waiting time seems kinda important to me, try waiting for at least 2-3weeks before u transfer a large some of neopoints or a expensive item..

wazzy likes this.
  2. Heather

Heather Level IV

When you log on using different browers.. are you using a proxy on one of them? or are they both tied to the same IP?

3. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Only feedback I have is what Loco says... If doing that method would be a good idea to use a proxy on one of the accounts...

AND don't keep transferring from the same account. After a while it looks sus if you keep trading lots of good stuff to the same account for little or no np's.

If you can.. mix it up a bit. Or, if you have a friend you can trust use them as a middleman for a while. I do ;)

Another way I do it is wait until I can transfer in larger amounts instead of alot of little items... IE save up until you can buy a PCC instead of transfering 10+ baby paint brushes over so many weeks :p

4. singapore

singapore Level III

nope i don't use proxy on either one..but i transfer my items really slowly..for example if i have 10 Baby PB on one side, i transfer them like 2,3 at a time mixed with some junks from igloo..

about the saving up to buy smth point, yeah i do agree..but it seems like i don't really have much to aim for therefore most just go into my main acc bank:D..

5. Heather

Heather Level IV

Yea the only problem I see with that is if they decide to chain ice you.. everything is still gone. So it kind of defeats the purpose of transferring the items in the first place. XD But if it's worked for you all this time.. must be doing something right :)

6. singapore

singapore Level III

lol yeah..its been fine so far (crossing my fingers) hope it will still be as good:D..

i feel that since we are able to use different browsers to log in to different accounts at the same time, TNT should be recognizing us in a different way..

for example if i use my firefox to check my ip online, it might be .98 but if i use my chrome to check my ip, the last numbers would be slightly different from my firefox IP for example smth like 99 or 97..

7. Heather

Heather Level IV

Hmm... I've never noticed that before. I use differerent browsers as well, but I always switch up the IP no matter what. I wonder if the browser really has that much impact on how TNT views it o_O

EDIT: I just checked and my IP shows up exactly the same on both browsers... not sure why yours changes.

8. singapore

singapore Level III

i am at work now and my workplace uses their own proxy and i just checked my ip on both browsers and their showed up the same..will check again when i get home and i'll post it up again..

but technically speaking, if the browsers are really using the same IP, we wouldn't be able to log in 2 different accounts coz TNT servers will identify the two different browsers as the same due to the IP..

any pros in computer networking to enlighten me on this?

9. Heather

Heather Level IV

You are able to log into two different accounts because the browsers have different history/cookies. They don't share the same string or anything like that, so each log in doesn't override the other one, as long as they're on different browsers. TNT only records the IPs for keeping track of accounts, they don't limit how many accounts can be logged in using that IP.. does that make sense?

10. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    What Loco says is correct.

You are able to log into two different accounts on two different browsers, as long as those browsers store their cookies in different folders.

You couldn't use Avant + IE as they store in same folder ;)

This being said, it does not mean you can log into THE SAME account on two different browsers. That still won't work.

And unless one of your browsers at home have it set to use a proxy, then the IP will show up as the same. Maybe its set up with a proxy and you just haven't known about it?

11. Palmer

Palmer Newbie

nice guide ill try this

12. singapore

singapore Level III

lol seriously ? :D..i think u r my 1st :D..

icic..thanks for letting me know :yup: ..but imagine u r TNT..u see like about 12 accounts logging on to using the same IP within the hour and there are expensive items being transferred to one of them over time, wouldn't it seem weird :D ?

nope..did checked ytd, both my browser do not have a proxy:)..

btw, i just transferred something worth like 2m,3m over to my main ytd..so far so good:)..lets all pray for my main XD XD ..

13. Heather

Heather Level IV

Yea... that was my point. ;) You said that you don't use proxies.. so you log into your accounts all on the same IP. Which will look very suspicious to TNT if you continue to transfer high price items. I think it'd be way safer if you use a proxy for your storage account, that way they aren't connected.

14. B_B

B_B Level I

normally if i want to send an item i just send it then send a neoamail saying something like happy birthday lol xD thanks for the guide anyway :) really helps

15. renewdeath

renewdeath Newbie

thanks...i normally just put up a trade and say, "offer? willing to go underpriced" or something like that and offer half of what its worth (so i'll have enough nps on my side to ab). but this is a nice guide though. "thumbsup"

16. singapore

singapore Level III

have both of u gotten any accounts frozen so far? how often do u use this method to transfer?

heh. did check at quite a number of websites for my IP (home IP)..eh it does says that "Proxy Detected"..and my IP's last 2 numbers are still slightly different from each other..i used chrome and firefox to check btw..

the thing is that i do not manually set any proxy for either one of them..

17. mdough

mdough Level I

I'll definitely take your tips into consideration when the time comes for me to start transferring items/NPs between accounts. I'm extremely paranoid so I'll probably use a proxy.

18. singapore

singapore Level III

hmm..alright..hope it helps..

do post a feedback or smth..

19. DarthCookie

DarthCookie Newbie

Haha yeah once I get my other account I'm gonna need to transfer a few things, but I have a middle(wo)man already lined up. I'm too paranoid to try and move things between my own XD

20. singapore

singapore Level III

just a update..been doing this for the past month and still fine so far..

i think the key might be because both accounts were logged on at the point of time..TNT might be thinking this is legit:D..