1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tweak to the cash system

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Andromeda, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andromeda

Andromeda Level I

I wanted to suggest a small tweak to the current cash system, which would allow the programmer of the download to receive half of the amount of cash a user pays towards their program; I realize that programmers with the programmer rank gets downloads half off, but not everyone who posts in the downloads section is in fact a programmer. I think it would be a nice way to increase program popularity as well as the amount of downloads available. If not, then I'd like to suggest making methods on how to receive cash a little easier, like trading in rep for cash, or receiving 2 rep points every time a topic is made, etc etc.

2. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

i think the problem is, someone could create something that say, costs 300 points. They would get 150 points and if downloaded 10 times, that would be way too much. nice idea, but maybe like 10% or something

3. Rider

Rider Level IV

4. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Theres no point in that though, most programmers can just programme whatever they want instead of buying it. Programmers on NF don't need the programs here (except maybe AU :p) However smaller programmers who do say 10 point scar scripts, this may work. So could be 50% upto a max of 10 cash.

5. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

The forums are already not all the lively, cash points are hard-ish to come by to encourage people to be more active (that's what I think anyway), having incentives to share more programs are all very well but there doesn't need to be even less incentive to post constructively. To be honest a program like AU is probably a little too easy to get. If you really want cash points that badly you can always donate

6. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd support this.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Alright, we (the mods) are discussing this right now. We'll tell you guys how it goes...

8. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.