Ultimate Guide to Auto Adopting!

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Cheeto, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

THIS IS YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO EVERYTHING AUTO ADOPTING!

Well well well. You're probably thinking to yourself, what's an easy way to get nice pets, that doesn't take any effort? The answer is easy! Auto-Adopting! This is all information I've gathered from a few months of auto adopting, so if you can correct me with anything, feel free.

Getting Started:

First thing you need, is a 4+ month account. Since the pound has a 4 month account rule for most pets, you need an aged shell in order to adopt most pets. Second thing you need...........an AUTO ADOPTER! There is one in the download section, but that one only allows you to adopt via pet name. For Auto Adopting, I ALWAYS use Pankirks AAer, which is found in the level 2 private forum. Also, put about 10k on your account, since adopting pets cost NP.

Pankirks Thread: level-ii-private-chat-f30/test-out-my-auto-adopter-t20527.html

Also, here are some auto adopting lists I use:

Colors:

Pink
    Royal
    Baby
    Zombie
    Pirate
    Pea
    Faerie
    Darigan
    Grey
    Island
    Maraquan
    Plushie
    Desert
    Coconut
    Fire

Petpets:

snowickle
    candychan
    whinny
    huggy
    harris
    meuka
    Quadrapus
    snicklebeast
    gruslen
    mazzew

and

Pets:

krawk
    draik
    poogle

OF course, you can go ahead and add more to those lists, since I just added a few things especially to the Petpet section.

Now...

Let's get started! Alright, so we have our AAer, our shell, now we just need a list! Usually, there are seperate lists for Color, Species, and Petpet. After you have loaded your list with all the UB Petpets, Species you want and the rare, expensive colors you are ready to go! You can begin to AA! AAing could take 2 minutes to get an amazing pet, or hours and hours to get anything. Its really random. An ideal refresh rate is 1-3. Now let's talk about freeze rates, what I've come to believe is there is a very little freeze rate with this program. I have used it almost 12 hours straight, meanwhile, on the same account, I have chatted on the neoboards and even played some games!

Getting to know you're Auto Adopter:

Okay, so you're Auto adopting, and suddently...you adopt a crappy blue pet for no reason. You're jaw drops, and you become extremely angry you just filled your whole account with bad named, normal pets. That can happen for a few reasons. One reason is, your stats are too low. On a lot of AAers, you will find a stats section. Normally, you want to do something like 50 Level, 100 for the rest. If you do adopt a pet because of stats, you will know it's trainable because 2*50 = 100. That means, you can train it at the academy.

Selling the pets:

Now that you adopted some sweet pets, you have the option to keep them and show them off to all your neofriends, or you can sell them! One thing you want to remember is to ALWAYS block out the name with X's and #'s and to lower your expectations. You're not going to get what you expect! Usually, I try to sell the pet for at least 25% of the original price of the paint brush used, depending on the name of course. Also, you will want to raise the price depending on the stats.

Good pets I've AA!

Baby Xweetok, Zombie Buzz, Desert Blumaroo, Desert Shoyru, Pink Quiggle and many more!

That's about it! I'll be adding more information eventually.

Please correct me if you see anything wrong.

Lightning, hawoo and Cacklenub like this.
  2. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

Good guide. +rep

Could use more info(kind of short for a guide).

Maybe include your lists along with a link to pankirks thread.

Possibly include what time you think is best, refresh rates, and how long to leave it on....along with freeze rate. ;x

3. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Thanks Cackle.

I'm not exactly finished with it yet, but it's on it's way. I have all the general info up.

4. Mushicopta

Mushicopta Newbie

Ill be sure to use it....
    ....once I get enough cash. Rofl.

5. Hally

Hally Level IV

I'll let you know that that post got you a warning.

Well at least, it flagged to me that I should look at the rest of your posts, all of which are spam.

At least read the post you're replying to. Cheeto made it very clear that the program wasn't available for points.

6. chelsea1

chelsea1 Level IV

nice guide

i would just add that if you're trying to adopt high level pets then you will need a bit more than 3k

apart from that, it looks like a good guide

7. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

Here's a list I made of all pet species, in case you want to use this with an acct under 4 months.
    Aisha
    Acara
    Blumaroo
    Bori
    Bruce
    Buzz
    Chia
    Chomby
    Cybunny
    Draik
    Elephante
    Eyrie
    Flotsam
    Gelert
    Gnorbu
    Grarrl
    Grundo
    Hissi
    Ixi
    Jetsam
    JubJub
    Kacheek
    Kau
    Kiko
    Koi
    Korbat
    Kougra
    Krawk
    Kyrii
    Lenny
    Lupe
    Lutari
    Meerca
    Moehog
    Mynci
    Nimmo
    Ogrin
    Peophin
    Poogle
    Pteri
    Quiggle
    Ruki
    Scorchio
    Shoyru
    Skeith
    Techo
    Tonu
    Tuskaninny
    Uni
    Usul
    Wocky
    Xweetok
    Yurble
    Zafara
    In alphabetical order, not sure if these lists need to prioritized or not.

Edit :O I just realized how this aaer works, and trust me, you DO NOT want to use this list. Just use it as a reference for all the species, I guess, because if you input this in the aaer it will adopt the first 3 pets it finds. Sorry if I confused anybody.

8. CoS

CoS Level IV

this is a nice guide :)

and yeah i would also say you are probable better to have more np on hand 10k maybe??
    I am not sure on how the cost works :/

but yeah good guide ty :)

9. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

I updated it to 10k.

I'm also making up more lists and adding petpets.

10. candcain

candcain Level II

This is a good guide. I was just wondering when do you think is the best time to use your auto adopter? I mean, would you lower your chances of getting frozen if you AA on the weekends? Or would you get better pets during weeknights? That kind of thing. I am thinking of trying an AAer but I just want to get as much information as possible before I do something stupid.

11. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

I found that the extremely low freeze rate doesn't really differ from weekdays to weekends. Of course, many people believe weekends are more safe for everything. Weekends seem to be more popular for pounding, though.

12. candcain

candcain Level II

Thank you for the input. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled during the weekends. :yup: You were very helpful to me, I will definitely +rep your guide!

13. Ofek

Ofek Level I

Can I just ask, why would anyone want to "Auto Adopt" neopets?

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to put a "Royal" neopet up for adoption...and the only things you'll be getting are level 1 6 strength neopets...or am I horribly horribly wrong here?

John likes this.
  14. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Er, because people move around pets between their own sides. For example, I know that I'll do a trade on a side for an avatar pet, then pound-loan myself on my main. (Although thankfully I've only missed once, when moving back to my side after loaning myself.)

15. hawoo

hawoo Level I

this was a great guide.
    i find that AA+selling pets for NP is much safer than cheating alone,
    and since i'm more of a person that doesnt need a lot of np to keep happy,
    i enjoyed this guide :) thank you +rep

edit - i'm sorry for "grave digging" this thread, i didn't notice how old it was.

16. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a great guide for starters and newbs in AAing. Nicely written +rep :)

Maybe add some more detailed lists? I might, but I'm too lazy and busy with my other guide coming out :p

17. Ofek

Ofek Level I

So basically this program is stealing from the people who are just trying to transfer their pets between accounts?

That's wrong if you ask me xD

Hacking for neopoints is one thing...ruining someone elses game...that's something else :p

Do people a favor and AB the Magic shop or the Igloo :p

18. Freya

Freya Level III

I'd like to know if and where Pankirks AAer exists (since the lvl II chat obviusly doesn't exist anymore)

19. CradleChild

CradleChild Level I

ohh is the AA you use better than sid's?

I use Sid's AAer , I sometime leave it one for weeks LOL I never got frozen from it, and I don't let it pause, of course the accounts have different proxy's..

The pets I got from Sids loll ( well I did used it for a year )

the rarest pets are :Dari draik, UC RB Draik, over 10 krawks, 4 other draiks ( basic colors )

XD but these days it misses

I missed a UC dari draik and ,three other great draiks.

btw I only put Draik Krawk Pea MSP and plushie/royal ( incase of they might be uc's ) in the list , I think they're more worth it.

20. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

This guide will be obsolete once i release my aaer :D