1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visual Basic 6/VB.net?

Discussion in 'Code Snippets and Tutorials' started by theaverageidiot, Nov 2, 2006.

1. theaverageidiot

theaverageidiot Level I

I used to be a game hacking/training Visual Basic 6 programmer, primarily for NovaLogic games. Made great hacks too, like fly, wall hack, stuff like that :). I stopped a few years ago and lost what little knowledge I learned.

I've been wondering, though, what's VB.net? I guess it's a programming language? But I can't find out how to download or buy it or whatever?

2. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

VB.NET is the upgrade from VB6. At the moment people have to download the .net framework to run .net applications, but i believe that in a couple of years it will be standard on windows computers.

Search on google 'microsoft visual basic 2005 express edition download' and you should find the link to a free download, and then you can start programming in it. (and if you do start using it then apply for the programming section :) )

btw you might find it easier to carry on with visual basic 6 which is fine, we have some vb6 code snippets and a optical neopet recogniser for vb6 in the downloads section...

3. theaverageidiot

theaverageidiot Level I

Sounds interesting (the code snippets part). Where can I find those snippets? And what exactly is neopet recognizer for vb6?
    [EDIT: Oops, der, download section for snippets :p]

4. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

oh.. i thought I'd posted a neopets login snippet for vb6, but maybe not.. so yeah at the moment the only code snippet is the optical neopet recogniser which returns the co-ordinates of a neopet in a picture.
    There is one for vb.net too, (not in the downloads section, in the code snippet forum)

5. Jaxx

Jaxx Level I

I just started to learn VB ... i got a dummy book here somewhere lol .. shouldn't be too hard since i already learned c++,c#, html, php and so on:D I hope i'll get there soon lol