1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of Racism?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Xizavo, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardenal

cardenal Level III

Racism doesn't only have to be about skin-colour. it could also be about culture. One person could be racist to a person of the same skin colour simply because they are from a different culture, and different = bad

2. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

What do you mean by different = bad?
    are you trying to say that racists think that people different from them are bad?
    I think that that is not the only reason. It could be due to what the people from the different culture have done. Something they think that is wrong perhaps?

3. cardenal

cardenal Level III

I'm not saying that it's the only reason, I'm just saying that it is ONE of the reasons that there is racism between cultures
    But in essence, if a culture does something you don't approve of, then it's different, then different = bad.

4. superperson

superperson Level II

it's wrong, really wrong. it's just disgusting to see people that won't accept you because of your race, i mean what difference does it make? aren't we all the same .. we're HUMANS. [...]

5. derrick599

derrick599 Level I

its retarded because i dont think the color of our skin matters.

6. bonestructure

bonestructure Level I

i am strongly against racism and i despise anyone who is racist.
    it is rude how people can't accept you for who you are because of your race.
    because deep down everyone is the same person, accept whats on the inside, not the out.

7. superperson

superperson Level II

yeah, so many times "equality" has been stated. why can't we just accept the fact that not everyone is the exact same race or whatever, does that really affect our personality or how we act, so much judging these days it's pathetic. o_O

8. derrick599

derrick599 Level I

its ok if you keep it to your self but when you burn down thier houses just because thier black...they took it too far.

9. superperson

superperson Level II

yeah my parents told me about a riot that was really bad in the bad places.
    it's really unfortunate that people would think this way about their own fellow human beings. it's just so hard to understand those people who won't accept you for who you are just based on your skin color. it's really not fair to those and just really sad ...

10. cardenal

cardenal Level III

no, I don't even think people should think like that, because if you get enough people thinking like that, then it becomes normal and we have things like apartheid happening.
    We should just accept that some people are different, not everyone is white. not everyone is black.
    we should be colour blind

11. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

Colour is not the only thing people discriminate against. Colour blindness will not solve the problem.

on a scientific note, colour blind people can tell the difference between a black person and a white one. After all they still see black and white, only that they do not see colour. :yup:

12. cardenal

cardenal Level III

thats exactly what I said a couple of posts back

13. dylanarp

dylanarp Newbie

Racism is dumb. lol

14. Laurababs

Laurababs Level II

Simple answer. It Sucks..as do the Racists ):

15. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

Canada is multicultural and racism should be stopped

16. jvjanisse

jvjanisse Level I

what is there to say about racism other than its bad!? obviously everyone would say they're against it.

i say it comes from a sense of nationalism, being proud in your country instead of yourself. Its a very dangerous (in my eyes) thing.

17. Jenna Syde

Jenna Syde Level III

Oooh. So many of the same thought patterns circulating on one thread. Not much of a debate though since there's really only one side here. But, I guess, it's expected when it comes to Racism. I mean, I know hoards of people who say it's bad but, become skitish when at the airport and someone of Middle Eastern decent appears to be boarding the same plan as them. Yes, if you have not guessed it by now I live in the United States. And while nine-eleven was several years ago, the impact it has had on Racism in the States can clearly be seen today.

I, myself, come from a very Racial family. Growing up in California, I was introduced to many cultures but found myself a minority. Not a fun place to be. However, some bad experiences with certain cultures has become the root of some less-than-great feelings towards them. Living where I am now, I see Racism everyday but, it's taken a different form then most people think. There aren't people being beaten because of their skin color or culture but instead, they are being verbally abused.
    It happens mostly with African-Americans and Mexican-Americans. See, the city I live in has a very high illegal immigrant percent; and with so many jobs and houses being handed out to these illegals there has been quite a bit of retalliation. Sure, the government deports them but, they just come back. They always come back. In one case, a guy was deported and in no more then three weeks he was back in the city... selling drugs.

Now, coming from a Racial family people assume I, myself, must be racist. And I will openly admit that I am... but to a point. I am not the kind of person to throw on a pointy hat and send out burning crosses because someone has a darker skin color then I do. Nor am I the kind of person to lash out at another with a Racist comment - unless provoked. I am not above using Racist terms because frankly they are just words. Sure, there's "meaning" behind them but only if you put it there. Otherwise, it's just a word. Period.

Do I feel bad about my stand on Racism? No.
    Is it cold out here on my own? Yes. But I've grown to find comfort in it.

My biggest problem with Racism is how often "minorities" use it to gain advantages. I mean, if White-Americans did some of the things other Races were doing; we would be sued almost instantly and sadly, we would likely lose the case and end up paying restitution money. Which is pretty ******* pathetic if you ask me. I mean, who the hell said there could be a United Negro College Fund but there cannot be a program which offers scholarships to Caucasian students only. Talk about hypocrisy.

And yes, everyone is all equal rights... when it gets them an advantage. And that's a fact.

-----x So ends my two cents. :) Bring on the angry response...

18. Spawned

Spawned Level I

There's nothing to say bout racism ... every1 is da same to me and it should be the same for every1 else ...

19. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

i think racism is bad! it doesnt matter what color we are we are all one family!

20. jabermouth

jabermouth Newbie

Racism... It's wrong, It's bad, and it's just plain mean..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.