What Happened To Bird Flu?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fendi, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayla_of_nosgoth

kayla_of_nosgoth Level II

alot people have a tendany to flip out, but it always makes it worse, you think they would have learned by now. the media also stretches the truth. and then there are times when the news will say somethings stupid like 'eggs are bad for you' and now all of a sudden 'eggs are good for you' which is it??!!??

i only beleive in what my instincts tell me XD

2. mash1ey

mash1ey Newbie

i was speaking to one of my dads mates from australia and she told me that they have had bird flu for years and years and it aint really that big a deal.

with things like the flu, because it replicates so quickly there are so many errors created causing mutations therefore the cure for one strain will be ineffective for another.

3. Pepsi_kikola

Pepsi_kikola Newbie

I thought that Sars was funny when all the obbsessed people were wereing those little mask and stuff, but when it got to the point were Bird Flu was like OMG It pissed me off, once again Media Hype

It is almost like parents with myspace, 75% of parents would not even know what is was if it wasn't for the LIARS on the news

4. kayla_of_nosgoth

kayla_of_nosgoth Level II

well none of it made me mad or made me laugh....i just choose not to let worry of getting some disease rule my life

5. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

It killed a lot of people it's hardly funny

6. noncheatercheater

Re: ...

Yeah really.. :(

7. quark778

quark778 Level II

I think what he or she meant was that the media was making a big deal about SARS and now we find out that it's actually less deadly than the flu.

8. Smelly

Smelly Level IV

In the same way that users of myspace who meet those they've met online deserve to be raped....? Yeah. Hillarious.

9. noncheatercheater

I think it's, well, not a great idea, but okay of an idea, to make a big deal about a new bug that has made lots of people sick..

Sure, it's not serious now, but when you first find out about something, you don't know a lot about it and it's a good idea to take all precautions.

10. NoPoint

NoPoint Level III

Bird-flu is still a major threat, but because the media are unable to make any mountains out of molehills at the moment, we don't hear anything from them.

There is plenty of sources still producing information about the current state of bird-flu and other diseases, it just depends on where you look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.