What happens if someone gives you a negative rep that

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by purple315, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purple315

purple315 Level III

A negative rep that doesn't even make sense? He just gave me one because I gave him one. I gave him one because he was actually breaking the rules. It looks ugly in there :(.

Megs likes this.
  2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    As far as I know nothing. I've got a neg rep from when I started which was a *joke* which looks ugly.

Your best bet is to contact a moderator however I don't think they can do anything...

3. purple315

purple315 Level III

Is the negative one, the one from totg? And ok thanks I'll wait and see if a mod looks and see what they say they can or will do about it. thanks :)!

4. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Negative reps should not be given out for breaking the rules. Users that are breaking the rules should have their posts reported, and the matter be taken into the hands of the mods/admins. The majority of users have broken the rules, whether it be spamming/gravedigging when they first started out. It's counterproductive to have something as permanent as a neg rep on their record.

Only a handful of users are reporting. This should not be the case. If you truly wish to stop them from breaking the rules instead of reporting, a friendly pm would send the same message. Neg repping for something such as breaking the rules just encourages an unfriendly forum culture. If they still continue, report away.

If there are any other users who feel that their neg reps are unwarranted, feel free to pm me or any other mod/admin and we will look into it.

5. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Bad commy, ignore the useless mod above me :)

if a user is breaking the rules REPORT IT or pm a MOD not the person breaking the rules. by Pm'ing them yourselves, your opening a door of abuse and it's not an "official warning" that mods can do via pm ;)

Rep shouldn't be used for rules :)

Coldness likes this.
  6. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Yah I agree with SoC. Report the posts. Mods will send a friendly pm for first offenses.There should be no backseat modding at all, from anyone who isn't an official moderator. Oh wait... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.