1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is the Refunds thread locked?

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Cacklenub, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

"Refunds for program - REFUNDS ONLY! NO TALKING" is locked...are there no more refunds for programs?

2. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

Because we don't believe in giving refunds for programs that people have used. The purpose of refunds was originally for people who download programs that don't work at the time of the download, not after months of use. If you download something that doesn't work, you should PM a mod about it within a few days.

3. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

IDEA:
    Only give refunds to programs that have NF authorization. :)
    And on the DL page, the program should say "REFUNDABLE"

:tehe:

4. Freja

Freja Level IV

I don't think that is very fair. For example, I downloaded the flare score sender where the author promises trophies, millionaire and such. and I got chain iced, made a new user, iced after 2 hours or so. I know I might not be the best to use the program, but still.. It's 300 points, and I don't use the program because I'm afraid of getting iced ._.

5. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Yeah, there's always a risk in using a program. A score sender CAN make you trophies and millions IF you use it correctly. That means doing a LOT of research in each game where you send a score and using good settings. Autobuyers are easier to make up settings, but are bounded by the degree of "safeness".

6. Freja

Freja Level IV

yeah but that wasn't really clear in the descreption :s .. just a waste of 300 points

7. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

That's common sense. Are you really complaining that you deserve a refund because the description doesn't say, "Don't be stupid and abuse this program"? You can EASILY use the program and make 300k a night, but of course you can't send ridiculous scores and ridiculous times. Use your head.

8. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Aw, that sounds mean and harsh Phee
    She's basically saying you can't expect the author to explicitly write out the risks of using the program. Its you're responsibility to know the risks and by using the program, you are saying that you understand the risks and are willing to funny accept any consequences of using the program.

9. Freja

Freja Level IV

lol.
    I did not send RIDICOULUS scores !
    I sent scores below the high scores (that you included the program, did you include that just for fun ?!). And you shouldn't write that so clearly if it wasn't true. I guess it's not common sense afterall, huh?
    - not everybody spends their entire day on neopets, so no I don't know EVERYTHING about it ..

10. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, actually I was a bit mean. Anyways, please comprehensibly clarify your statements.

11. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Its not just about sending really high scores. In all of the games, there are absolute minimum wait times. If you exceed those minimums, you will almost always be iced. And if you cut it close for 10 games in a row, that's also very suspicious and you will most likely be iced.

The reason why score senders are worth so much is because they have a very high potential for making NP, not because its really easy to make NP. Ricky may have gotten a little out of hand in his propaganda, but you really shouldn't have taken him literally when he said make millions "easily".

If you had gotten the AU instead of Flare, there's also every likelihood that you would be iced. Its an unavoidable fact of cheating. :(

12. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually, I think you can definitely make millions easily with Flare. I have lists that include eery game and get the highest "believable" or 1k score possible for each. 3 sends a game = almost 300k a run. (I think it's around 287k). Of course, I use randomized wait times and scores with ranges of 10 seconds+, so the times and scores are all different and believable. And I also make sure all the games that have specific score multiples don't have ranges, and I change the scores of each send and each time I run the list (ex. Neverending Boss Battle scores are only possible in multiples of 10).

All of the above are reasons you may have been frozen.

13. fail

fail Level IV

PM me a list that does like... 200k w/ No Review? Please, I'll <3 You! :p

14. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

No way, I bought my list a looong time ago for quite a pretty sum. I make my own lists too and I'm not sharing. =P

You can make your own lists too,just go through the game room and figure out the proper scores and times for each game. Time-consuming but worth it.